Everyone knows that a significant number of file-sharers are teenagers and young adults and they get their share of press. But what about the true kids – the under 10Ã¢Â€Â™s ? TorrentFreak makes itself feel old trying to keep up with the agile mind of a 9 year old file-sharer.
TF. Hi Hannah! How old are you?
- IÃ¢Â€Â™m 10 in 12 days
TF. When did you first start using the internet to get music?
- My cousin showed me YouTube and then LimeWire and I was like Ã¢Â€Âœwhoa cool!Ã¢Â€Â
TF. What was cool about it?
- Because you can put anything in and it will come up and you donÃ¢Â€Â™t actually pay for it. Well you have to pay for the internet and LimeWire comes with the internet but you have to pay for that so LimeWire isnÃ¢Â€Â™t really free.
TF. So youÃ¢Â€Â™re sure that itÃ¢Â€Â™s ok to copy it? What do you think about copying?
- I suppose itÃ¢Â€Â™s not ok to copy but people copied it off her site so she just copies theirs. ItÃ¢Â€Â™s like, youÃ¢Â€Â™re copying my t-shirt so iÃ¢Â€Â™m copying you on shoes.
TF. Ok, so a bit like copying school work?Ã¢Â€Â¦.HmmÃ¢Â€Â¦.ok, letÃ¢Â€Â™s talk about copying on the computer again. When you started using LimeWire, did anyone ever mention that if you did certain things you might be breaking some laws?
- Why would they put it [music] on the internet and invent mp3 players if it was against the law?
TF. Do you think its legal or illegal to copy a CD or DVD?
- Some men right, they sell you a DVD at the market but when you get home it doesnÃ¢Â€Â™t play, thatÃ¢Â€Â™s illegal.
TF. Why is it illegal?
- Duh!! Because they tell you it works and when you get it home itÃ¢Â€Â™s rubbish and jumps in the middle and its a waste of money!
Read more at TorrentFreak
I am not sure if this is a true interview actually because it kinda sounds a little too ignorant to me. But then again, it’s a 10 year old.
The point that she mentioned about paying for the internet is quite legit. I know of someone who got the internet just to download illegal music. That time he was convinced that music is free in the internet because there is no cost in making the CD. He thinks he is paying electricity and internet bills for it so it’s okay he feels.